Find it featured here in the May 2023 edition of the Architectural Digest.
Photo by Peter Christiansen Valli
Get a glimpse of our Luxe Marble Cave wallpaper featured in this popular thriller film "Good Night Mommy" starring; Naomi Watts.
Image via "YouTube" website
Instructions & FAQ's
Clay-coated installation instructions.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: CLAY-COATED 30" WALLCOVERINGS TRIMS TO 27"
PLEASE NOTE: EXTRA CARE MUST BE TAKEN DURING INSTALLATION AS CLAY COATED IS MORE SUSCEPTIBLE TO CREASING THAN TRADITIONAL VINYL WALLCOVERING PRODUCTS.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR CONTRACTORS AND SUPPLIERS- STOP & READ BEFORE INSTALLING
- The supplier shall provide a complete copy of DreamScape’s current Installation Instructions to the installer pertaining to the installation of the wallcovering. ALL INSTALLATIONS MUST CONFORM TO THE MANUFACTURER’S CURRENT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AND PRODUCT TECHNICAL INFORMATION IN ORDER FOR THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY PROTECTIONS TO APPLY.
If the wall covering is installed in a manner other than that recommended, it is done at the sole risk of the installer. The use of a permeable mold-inhibiting primer product and the use of a permeable adhesive containing a mildew inhibitor is recommended.
- All labels shall be checked for accuracy by the installer to ensure that the shipment is received as ordered. Check all roll tickets to determine if more than one run or lot of the same pattern is to be installed. The installer should have a sample of the wall-covering pattern for comparison.
- If no defect is evident before installation, the material should be inspected after three (3) panels are installed. If any defect is evident at this time (or at any point of the installation) no further material should be applied and the Printer should be contacted IMMEDIATELY.
- All hanging surfaces must be clean, smooth, dry, undamaged, free of mold, mildew, grease or stains, and structurally intact. All loose paint and other wall-coverings should be removed. If moisture is present, immediately identify and eliminate the source(s) of the moisture and verify that all wall surfaces are completely dry before proceeding.
- Any mold or mildew MUST be removed from walls and hanging surfaces prior to installation. Walls should not contain in excess of 4% residual moisture content. A moisture meter should be used to determine moisture content. Moisture infiltration and accumulation can lead to mold or mildew growth and must be corrected PRIOR to the installation of the wallcovering. If you are unsure if moisture problems are present, consult a qualified professional before proceeding. This product is intended for use in buildings that are properly designed and maintained to avoid moisture infiltration, condensation, and or accumulation at wall cavities and wall surfaces, particularly in warm, humid climates. Walls should also be treated with bleach, Lysol, and/or other approved, mildew-inhibiting products in order to inhibit further mildew growth. Roysons will not be responsible for any performance and/or quality issues if moisture problems are not addressed before installation, and/or if the building is not properly maintained to prevent moisture infiltration following installation.
- Proper surface preparation is key to getting great results. To prepare the surface properly, we recommend that you prime all surfaces with a permeable, mold-inhibiting wall-covering primer.
- Use only a lead pencil for marking walls and the back of the wallcovering. Do not use ballpoint or marking pen, as they will bleed through the surface.
- Do not install wallcovering unless a temperature above 65º degrees F is maintained in both areas of installation and storage for at least 48 hours prior to installation.
The Clay Coated Paper is a highly permeable wallcovering and should be installed with a heavy-duty adhesive and primer with mold and mildew inhibitors. Manufacturers such as Roman Decorating and Zinsser offer permeable adhesives and primers with advanced mold and mildew protection. Please check with these manufacturers for their latest products. Roman Eco brand primers and adhesives are recommended for compliance with NSF-342 sustainability.
Do not dilute adhesive. Brush an even coat of paste over the entire back of the wall-covering. Gently double the material together and “book” material for ten minutes. Do not fold or crease booked material.
SELECTING AND CUTTING WALLCOVERING- CAUTION: All cuts are to be done with a sharp, new blade every time- A dull blade will result in frayed edges and poor seams!
- Before cutting, examine goods to make certain pattern color is satisfactory and as ordered. The installer should have a sample of the wallcovering pattern for comparison.
- Check all roll tickets to determine if more than one run number (lot number) of the same pattern color is to be hung.
- Cut rolls in sequential order starting with the highest number and working down to the lowest number. Make certain that run numbers are broken at the corners only. Allow for matching of repeats and trimming at ceilings and baseboards.
- Number panels and headers as they are cut from the roll and, apply to the wall in the same sequence.
APPLYING WALLCOVERING TO WALL SURFACE
- When installing textured or non-matched patterns, reverse hanging of alternate panels is required to ensure color continuity from strip to strip.
- Determine whether the pattern match is random, straight across, or drop match. Measure the wall height, allowing for pattern match, add 4 inches, and then cut the wallcovering with a sharp, new blade each time. It will overlap onto the ceiling and the base approximately 2 inches.
- Apply the recommended adhesive to the back using a paint roller. Work the adhesive in, to cover the back completely, especially near the edges. Mate each end toward the middle, pasted sides together, aligning the edges carefully so they do not dry out. CAUTION: Do not crease wallcovering. Allow to “relax” for ten minutes (booking). This will allow the adhesive to penetrate the wallcovering fabric, which is important to a successful installation.
- WITH ALL DIRECTIONAL PATTERNS, IT IS IMPORTANT TO LINE UP PATTERNS AT EYE LEVEL ALLOWING ANY DRIFT IN LINEUP TO RUN OFF TOWARD CEILING AND FLOOR. THE STANDARD ALLOWANCE IS ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH UP OR DOWN. IF PATTERN IS LINED UP AT THE CEILING THE PATTERN WILL BEGIN MISALIGNMENT SOONER AND THE GAP WILL BE LARGER. ALSO, MOST PATTERNS WILL BE VIEWED AT EYE LEVEL THEREFORE IT IS THAT AREA THAT NEEDS TO LOOK ALIGNED. IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT PATTERN LINEUP, CONTACT SUPPLIER. BE SURE FIRST DROP OF WALLCOVERING IS SQUARE ON WALL BY PLUMBING THE WALL AND USING A LEVEL.
- Goods are designed to match up to 54” wide on walls depending on the pattern. WHEN INSTALLING, EXACT TRIMMING AND LINE UP OF THE PATTERN IS CRITICAL (See installation instructions specified to each design.)
- Avoid burnishing the face of the material. Use a wallcovering brush or a plastic scraper to smooth the wallcovering onto the
- Do not rub. Do not allow vinyl adhesive to dry on surface as it may leave a white residue. Wash off excess paste from face of wallcovering as you hang it with a cellulose sponge. The cellulose sponge must be rinsed in clean water after every use. Blot dry with a clean cloth.
- Overlap the second strip over the edge of the first strip. Tape seams underneath with a low adhesion painter’s tape before overlapping and double cutting with a sharp, new blade to avoid getting adhesive on the wallcovering. If paste does get on the vinyl, clean it off immediately with clean warm water and blot dry with a clean lint less towel. Use a soft bristle brush to wash the ceiling and the baseboard to remove any paste residue. Do not leave any overlap on the seams since product will not adhere to itself. *Seams should be vertical, have a tight fit, and be free from air and paste bubbles. Seams should not be located closer than 6” to corners.
- After three panels are smoothed to wall surface and excess paste removed, examine the installed panels for color uniformity. Any objectionable variations in color match, pattern match, etc should be immediately communicated to your sales representative for inspection before proceeding further with installation.
- After installation, the walls and wallcovering should be monitored for potential moisture or vapor infiltration or accumulation. Any such infiltration/accumulation after installation must be promptly eliminated in order to reduce the risk of mold/mildew growth.
Limited and Exclusive Warranty
("Manufacturer") warrants that for a period of five years from the sale of its wallcovering products ("Products") the Products shall be free of manufacturing defects and that Products shall not separate from their backings, and/or exhibit stains caused by bleeding or impurities. Products should not support the growth of mildew when Products are properly installed on a sound wall following the recommended preparation and hanging procedures outlined in the installation instructions and are adequately maintained and used under normal conditions.
This warranty does not cover and expressly excludes any damage, loss, cost, defect or deficiency arising out of or relating to: (a) accident, abuse, misuse or vandalism; (b) mold or mildew; (c) use of incompatible materials, accessories or supplies; (d) abnormal conditions of use, including use on walls subject to moisture infiltration or accumulation; (e) improper storage, handling, installation, or maintenance; (f) design, installation or construction defects and/or deficiencies of any kind or nature; (g) fire, flood or other acts, omissions, causes or events beyond DreamScape’s control; (h) wallcovering that has been altered by anyone other than DreamScape; or (i) any other loss, cost, damage, defect or deficiency not within the scope of this limited and exclusive warranty.
THIS WARRANTY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY GIVEN BY ("Manufacturer") WITH RESPECT TO THESE PRODUCTS. ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES CLAIMED TO ARISE
FROM TRADE USAGE, CUSTOM OR COURSE OF DEALING. ("Manufacturer") shall supply replacement products free of charge if DreamScape determines upon inspection that any products fail to conform to this warranty. The foregoing constitutes the SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY for breach of this warranty.
IN NO EVENT WILL ("Manufacturer") BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. THIS LIMITED AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY SHALL SUPERSEDE AND CONTROL ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIONS AND/OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL DreamScape’s LIABILITY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE AND/OR INVOICED VALUE OF THE GOODS.
FAILURE OF BUYER TO COMPLY WITH THESE NOTICE PROVISIONS SHALL CONSTITUTE A WAIVER BY BUYER OF ALL CLAIMS IN RESPECT THERETO.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE OF WALLCOVERING
General Conditions Day –to- Day Soil
Ordinary dirt and smudges can be removed with a mild soap and warm water. Clean from bottom of wall upward. Rinse thoroughly with clean water from the top down using a sponge. Dry wallcovering with a soft lint free cloth or towel.
Not recommended for cleaning are steel wool or powdered abrasive because they mark the surface leaving an unsightly appearance. DO NOT use active solvent type cleaning preparations, such as nail polish remover, etc…because they remove print, and/or finish from the wallcovering.
Care should be taken that water dripping down the wall does not run behind the floor molding. The molding can be discolored and/or permanently damaged. All stains should be attempted to be removed with soap and water first. Isopropyl alcohol may set some stains that soap and water may remove.
DreamGuard Protex 3
For added protection against scratch, abrasion and mildew we recommend applying DreamGuard Protex 3. DreamGuard Protex 3 is a water based, non- hazardous liquid topcoat specially formulated to resist mold and mildew growth and protect against surface scratches and abrasion. DreamGuard is easily
applied with a common ¼” nap paint roller and dries to a clear finish. DreamGuard Protex 3 is available in two finishes-satin and matte.
Grasscloth installation instructions.
GRASSCLOTH WALL-COVERING HANGING INSTRUCTIONS
DO NOT CUT THIS MATERIAL UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This is a handmade product. It is woven with natural plant fibers that give the finished product a
certain unevenness. Being handmade and hand-stained, it is common that shades will vary from roll to roll, and from end to end of a single roll. For these reasons, we urge you to take extra care
in examining the grasscloth as you plan to hang, and during the act of installation.
Remove all old wallpaper and adhesive and repair damaged wall areas to a smooth finish. All walls must be smooth, clean, and free of mold, mildew, and stains. If necessary, apply a stain-killing primer to prevent impurities from transferring to the wallpaper.
Wash newly plastered walls with a zinc sulfate solution. Follow with a primer such as Roman's Ultra Premium Pro 977.
On all drywall, we recommend using a pigmented wallcovering primer such as Zinsser's Shicldz Primer or Roman's Ultra Premium Pro 977.
The primer should be tinted to the same color as the background color of your wallpaper.
HANGING YOUR NEW WALLCOVERING:
Draw a vertical line from ceiling to floor by using a plumb line or straight edge with level. This will be your guide for positioning one edge of the first strip. Cut the strip to the height of the wall, allowing an extra 2" on both the top and bottom ends for trimming.
This material is pre-trimmed at the factory. The installer may, at his/her discretion, table-trim each edge as required to achieve a better seam or consistent panel width due to site conditions or unique
We recommend a premixed clear adhesive - Roman's Ultra Premium Clear Pro 880. Apply adhesive evenly to the back of the strip, being careful not to get adhesive on the face of the material. Paste and bang only one strip at a time. Book by folding each end of the strip toward the middle, pasted sides together, and aligning the edges carefully so they do not dry out. Roll the folded strip as you would a loose newspaper, again being careful to keep the edges aligned. Allow the folded and rolled strip to "rest" for 3 minutes. Bring it to the wall and hang it. Carefully smooth all air pockets, wrinkles, or excess paste from the center of the strip to the edges. Trim excess at the floor and ceiling using a sharp utility knife, changing blades after each cut.
Do not use a seam roller as this can flatten the fabric's "nap" and discolor the surface.
Repeat this procedure with the next strip, sliding it into position with the edge butted up against the preceding strip. Do not overlap the seams. Do not reverse strips.
Install 3 strips, stop, and inspect the installation. If the installation is not satisfactory, stop hanging and call your distributor for assistance. No labor claims will be accepted. Continue inspecting the installation as it progresses - if a problem develops, stop and call your distributor.
WARNING: Care should be taken not to allow adhesive or water on the wallcovering surface. Any paste or water on the surface of the wall-covering will discolor the wall-covering and cause staining or discoloration to the product.
Apply the adhesive to the wall surface. Using a damp sponge, moisten the back of the strip being careful not to over-soak. Book and roll the strip, and allow it to "rest'' for 3 minutes. Bring to the wall and bang as described above. Extreme care must be taken to prevent water from contacting the face of the material or over-soaking the backing paper.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A WASHABLE WALLCOVERING.
-USE VACUUM ONLY.
PEEL AND STICK WALLPAPER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Awesome! You’ve chosen to use one of the most effective modern home decor solutions available on the market. Peel and stick wallpaper can instantly transform a space, with fresh colors, fun trends, and gorgeous patterns. You can install it in just a few hours, and it’s easily removable once you’re ready for something new!
How do I measure to make sure I purchase enough wallpaper?
Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with a simple way to calculate how much peel and stick wallpaper you’ll need.
First, select the wall (or wall's) you’re planning on decorating.
Measure the width and height of your wall. All of our fabric-peel and stick wallpaper rolls are 24 inches wide. This will make things easy.
What is the width of your wall? Divide that number by 24. You'll need to round up that final number. That will be how many rolls you need.
Next, let's look at the height of your wall. This is where you will choose the length of your rolls. We offer five length options 24in, 48in, 96in, 108in, & 120in.
Now you are ready to order with confidence. Please email email@example.com or use our contact us form if you have any questions about sizing. We are happy to help with this.
Here is an example from a customer. The question is: my wall is 142"inches wide and 93"inches high. How many rolls do I need?
142" width ÷ 24" = 5.91 (round up) = 6, you would order 6 rolls
93" height = you would order the 96"inch length option
HOW DO I APPLY PEEL & STICK WALLPAPER?
Just peel off the protective backing and stick the s wallpaper to your wall or flat surface that you are decorating.
IS PEEL & STICK WALLPAPER EASY TO CUT?
Yes! Use scissors or a razor blade to cut edges. A razor blade is recommended when trimming.
CAN I CLEAN THIS WALLPAPER?
Yes. Our peel & stick wallpaper can be cleaned using a damp sponge or cloth.
HOW DO I REMOVE PEEL & STICK WALLPAPER?
To remove this wallpaper, start at the top corner and gently pull evenly and downward. If you are planning to reuse the wallpaper do not allow the adhesive surfaces to touch each other as they will be very difficult to separate without damage.
CAN I REUSE THIS PRODUCT?
Yes! P wallpaper is reusable. Peel off and reuse for another project. Sticky residue is not left behind on surfaces when removed.
BEDDING WASH INSTRUCTIONS & CARE
Because of the natural fibers in our cotton bedding, it is important to follow these care instructions:
For the first washing, wash alone with a full load washer setting in cold water. Add detergent, 1 cup vinegar, and 2 tsp salt. For future washes, machine wash in cold water.
Machine dry on regular heat.
HOW CAN I CONTACT MA'AT LUXE HOME?
Use the Contact Us form on our website OR E-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org